+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris /Ice Dub/ Angelina/Arizona

Default Polaris /Ice Dub/ Angelina/Arizona

I received some Angelina fiber today...

Here's my take on it so far...

Arizona diamond hair seems just like Angelina.

Ice Dub likely is made from it but it is cut up and has more interesting color combinations...presumably thanks to Hareline.

I've not seen Polaris so I can't say.

Normand Guest

i would venture a guess and say theres probably only 1 or 2 "manufacturers" of these products but alot more places that simply repackage under whatever name they want to call it and sell to craft and fly shops.

Hello,
    These Angelina fibers look good, what did you take the staple or the heat bondable?
    I ordered also from Polaris (January 23rd) but I'm still waiting for the parcel or an answer from them.

Hey guys,

How about posting a pictures for us!

Have a great day,
    chris

Does this help, Chris?

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ad.php?t=18712

pechetruite...I just picked some colors I wanted and didn't pay attention to whether they were bondable or not.
    Last edited by ducksterman; 02-04-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Ducksterman,

Thanks for the link !

Have a great day,
    chris

Default Polaris

Hello,
    Following the message "New material" I ordered the product from Polaris on January 23rd and paid with Paypal.
    So far, no communication from them, they don't answer e-mail and on phone call, all you get is a message. Are they still in business or away from the Alaskan winter?
    If any of you has ordered the material, did you receive it?
    Ducksterman: Did you make flies with the Angelina fibers ? And what are the results?
    They seems to be similar to the Polaris fibers (same colors) but do they behave the same?
    Thanks for your help.

pechetruite...
    I am interested in finding the equivalent of Hareline's Ice Dub...It may be made from Angellina fibers but not in their present state.

Angelina comes in heat bondable and nonheat bondable....I suspect it is the same as Polaris but I have not tied any minnow patterns with it.....I have cut up some Angelina and made dubbing but it is not the same as Ice Dub...

Currently....I'm working with someone who is sending me some samples of.....Angelina....Crimped Angelina....and Crystlina.....stay tuned......

Duck, dunno what kind of Ice-dub you have but the Angelina I have and took pics of is identical to the Ice I got from Hareline.... only difference is they shred it in some kind of coffee bean grinder type deal and it has all sorts of sizes and deformities from the process... Is no mix of secret ingrediants in the stuff I have... Perhaps yours is different from the Ice-wing and Ice-dub I have.... No idea...

If you look closely at my pics you will see identical fiber size and width, some of the colors have little ballish bits but these are just part of the process. I'm sure they process this stuff by the pounds, Since some of the texture is different it does vary slightly, most likely due to where in the bin your package was filled from.
    Last edited by RDL; 02-11-2008 at 11:38 PM.

RDL...I'll post pictures too...but not only is the Angelina longer...[just like John Romher's{sp} Arizona's Diamond Hair...in fact, it's identical in texture, length, and colors]....but Ice Dub is shorter, different colors and crinkled...
    My coffee grinder won't shred the Angelina.

+ Reply to Thread