+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird weather!!

Default Weird weather!!

Thunder ... lightening ... pouring freezing rain! Terrified 80# dog on my lap!

As much as I want to go fishing, I'm glad I'm not out in this right now!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

In very ancient, Greek Mythology HRH Betty........ there was a "Goddess" that was said "To be responsible for all natural disasters, INCLUDING odd and unpredictable weather occurrences".
    Legend portrays this goddess as controlling the weather patterns, in direct proportion to how she would currently be wearing her hair, with most scholars believing it was actually the way her bangs, were cut, that induced the most bazaar and fiercest weather patterns.
    Encrypted writings on various ancient buildings and parchments, that have been found thus far, portray that she was known as "Faolbetthattertise".
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool

Paul,
    I didn't know your "Major" was in Greek Mythology? I thought it would be more like "Creative Writing"??
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Betty,

I know what you are going through! Im a sissy californian who cant handle this rain! I want sun and 70+ degrees!
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Now I'm the one to whimper and whine!! Boy, would I like a couple of sunny 70 degree days!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty;
    I completed my 12th straight month of fly fishing today, caught 8 rainbows (one was the biggest this year). 50 degrees and raining though, never even got close the the 63 predicted.
    And, to make you feel better, I broke my 3 wt.!

Talking

Betty:

You just need to move one state South. Here in southern Oklahoma it's 70 degrees this afternoon, and supposed to be 75 tomorrow. Left to go fishing this morning, but by the time I made it to the river the wind had come up to a level that was more than I was willing to contend with. Spring is just around the corner. Spring is just around the corner. Spring is just around the corner. (KEEP REPEATING THAT).

Larry

Scraped about 5 inches of "partly cloudy" out of my driveway this morning. We sure need the moisture, but I'd like to fast foreward to April.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Lew -

You want to pass up the great fishing around here that can be had between now and the end of March !!!

Can't hardly be ready for April passing on February and March.

John
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Lew -

You want to pass up the great fishing around here that can be had between now and the end of March !!!

Can't hardly be ready for April passing on February and March.

John
    If I wasn't so old, and fat, and frumpy, I'd be out there plowing my way through the snowdrifts to get into Seeleys or down by the train bridge at twin bridges or somesuch, but if I did, you'd have to call out the national guard to get me back out. Once was enough! Yes, John. This is excuse #4 on my list of excuses that keeps me out of the snow and blow, and the ice out of my guides. Wish I was 40 again.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

+ Reply to Thread