We use a glue egg, with glow in the dark thread from wal-mart wrapped in the center. Wrap the tread on the hook to form a small ball, take a slice of glue stick about the thichness of a nickel. Put a slice in the glue so you can postion it over the thread. Next put the hook with the glue slice in your hackel pliers. Light a candle or lighter keeping the flame low so it doesn't smoke, as this would make your egg cloudy. Next run the glue over the flame but watch you don't over heat it, then as the glue melts you can rotate the hackel pliers to round the glue forming an egg. When the egg is formed the way you want I drop it in a glass of water to stop the melting process. This sounds nuts but a plastic cup could make your egg stick to the bottom, where a glass one won't. Also I like to add a blood drop by putting a contrasting color on the egg. I put a very small chip of glue stick on a cutting board and take a finished egg and heat it just enough for the glue chip to stick to it, then I add just enough heat to blend it in. These do take some practice to get the hang of it, but look so real in the water. If you want I could send you a few I have lots already made up. Tim