+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PA "Fish-In" 2008 ?

Smile we hope to be there

Hey,

Didi and I hope to be there at least a few days. She will be done school and I should be able to get a few days off of work. But we will stay somewhere else, too much snorign going on and well you know lol

wire

Harvey

Thumbs up

This just keeps getting better and better!

Harvey - Really glad you can make it! I still owe you and Didi lunch from the Youth Fly Fishing World Championships, and we get to fish together this time (oh, those poor fish!). If I was bringing a terrific gal like Didi along, I'd be looking for a little privacy too! .......Ed

Hey Guys

You don't think it's too early to plan a menu, do you?????? A change of pace may be ribs. I'm just not sure what to cut off the menu to replace it with???
    Any ideas???

Ideas? You Bet! How's this one -

BIGDADYRODS FOR PRESIDENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the quality of the steaks you got last year, the thought of what you've come up with for ribs is cause for me to do the HAPPY DANCE.

Default Will be there

Bigdadyrods,
    I will catch up with you guys at the fish-in on Friday and Saturday! Thursday is our 32nd wedding Anniversary and I don't think I can come out to play/fish that day!!! If you have an extra bunk in the big lodge open those nights I could be interested in staying over. Let me know. Ron Gregorchik

Ron

Sure thing. Remember.....we leave on saturday this year because of the way the lodge was rented the week after.
    I don't think we'll end up doing that bicycle thing this year down the trail. Wouldn't be a bad thing to plan. I'll also include you in on dinner for friday night. How is retirement doing anyway???

Ed---the steaks are always a hit. Can't count them out. Just got to thinking about making some ribs for one of the nights too. With the lasagna,ham, and deep fried turkeys, We'll have to stay another day to get it all in. Don't forget wetflyguy and his cobblers........

Randy

Talking Cobblers !!!!

Cobblers !!! Whats cobblers !!
    there will be coblers -doughnuts-- ribs-- stew and things of this nature .

Wet

I'll eat almost anything that can't outrun me but this all sounds great to me.

Is this a fishing trip with good food or a culinary trip with some fishing? Either way I can't lose. I have a lot of interest in both activities.

gzacckey - This is actually as serious of a trip as you care to make it. Up at zero-dark-thirty for breakfast, and then out to fish all day. We gather back at the lodge around 4pm for dinner, and then if you can still walk, it's out to fish until dark. Of course, there is a few casualties from dinner that crash on the couches, but most guys are pretty serious about fishing the whole time. NO ONE skips dinner to fish, however.

If anyone is interested in bringing their bikes along, I'd be game for bringing mine as well. The Pine Creek Rail Trail runs right along the Big Pine and is actually a pretty good way to move from spot to spot to fish.

http://www.gis.dcnr.state.pa.us/rail...TRAIL&RegID=2#

Heritage - Thanks for straigthening me out on the priorties

I will most likely bring my bike for the same reason. I have only been to Pine Creek once with my wife for a getaway weekend and we rode the gorge. I thought using a bike would be a good way to access this water and maybe get away from any crowded sections. Plus, I try to ride a couple of times a week in good weather to keep some aging parts from getting stuck.

+ Reply to Thread