Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
Not to confuse the issue, but if you are looking for "bang for the buck" take a look at www.sierratradingpost.com before you actually spend anything. Go to outdoor gear and outerwear, go to fishing and go to fly rods. STP is a great source for anything outdoors at good prices, and their customer service has, to my experience, always been very satisfactory. You may get into a warranty issue if you buy a rod from them - but if you are careful with and easy on your equipment, that is a secondary consideration.
I agree, wholeheartedly, with John's suggestion on checking Sierra T.P.
I haven't, checked them for a wile now, but 2 weeks ago I bought a Powell 9' 6wt. 4pc. w/sock and tube for $89.95 delivered to my door.
They change things quite often and you just need to be patient, (and if you still have the time to do so!?) and keep looking at their site.
I did contact them on my Powell, (just in case), about "warranty" and they claim that; "Either, we, or Powell will warranty the rod. If Powell will not, WE will", (end quote).
I try & take pretty careful care with my gear and have never, (in 30+ years), had to use a fly rod warranty. Yes, I've broken several rods, but that was MY stupidity and NOT that of the rod companies.
And, truthfully, for the price I paid for the Powell.... I doubt I'd pursue the warranty issue, very far, anyway.