+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orvis Waders

Default Orvis Waders

Anyone use Orvis waders? I've been looking at the Pro Guide series breathables. Anyone have experience with them?

Default Re: Orvis Waders

If you don't mind, I am going to tag along on this post since I have been wondering about those waders myself. Hopefully, we will hear from someone who uses them or has used them to give us a review.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Hey guys - I just got a pair of the Pro Guide 2's since they are on sale. I have only worn them twice, but they feel great. I like the removable suspenders because I usually take them off. It makes answering the call of nature a lot easier. I like the ability to fold in the top and make them into waist high waders. They look and feel very sturdy with an extra layer in the knees and butt. The fleece-lined pocket is great as are the belt loops. (Why have manufacturers stopped putting in belt loops?) As far as wear and tear, all I can say is that I have a pair of what would be Silver Labels that are 10 years old. I have sent them to Orvis once to patch and they didn't even charge me. The material on the Pro Guides seems a little sturdier. They are certainly a step up from the Cabelas River Guides that cost me $150. They are down from $289 to $199. I say go for it!
    To Miss Nancy - She hated fishing, but loved a fisherman.

Hi guys,

I have used the Orvis Pro Guides the past two years an I give them 2 thums up. They're comfortable and durable. It's also hard to beat the Orvis warranty. Best Regards....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

I use the fairly inexpensive Endura line and I like them. Don't forget about Ebay, there are some great deals out there.

Rick

After I posted a couple months back I purchased the Orvis Pro Guide 2 waders. I really like them and would recommend them. The fit is great... I have the stocking foot and the foot fits perfect. I have worn them about a 1/2 dozen times. The sale price I think makes them a great deal..
    Bill from PA

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wildnative View Post
    Anyone use Orvis waders? I've been looking at the Pro Guide series breathables. Anyone have experience with them?
    I have them and do not like them
    1) While they are very durable this comes at the expense of being bulky and stiff.
    2) They removable suspenders keep coming off on their own. They have now come off when I least expected and are gone.

Default re:Orvis waders

I've never personally tried them...I almost picked up a pair several years ago but was swayed into getting some Dan Baileys, which were tough as nails and I got a ton of use out of them...
    there are my two cents...probably pretty worthless but there they are anyway...
    ~Randy

I've used them for a few years and I'm quite happy with them. I had a leak in the stocking foot on one pair and it was replaced by store I brought them at with no questions asked and no cost to me. My current pair I've had three years and so far they're holding up well. I was thinking of picking up another pair that fits me better than my current pair during the sale, but the store had limited numbers, and they moved fairly quickly.

I also have had these waders for two years and I really like them.The only drawback I have found is that I do get a bit sweaty when walking a fair distance to get to the river in warm weather,otherwise they have been great waders.

+ Reply to Thread