Count me in the other 50% that always has a different opinion.

I have been using Sci Anglers Mastery Trout lines in a double taper ever since Rio discontinued my beloved Classic with the Lumilux coating. I have NO complaints with the Mastery Trout so far except I would LOVE it in white with a Streamlined Loop on both ends.

I can tell you that ALL fly line brands I ever used benefited from use and breaking in to soften the "fresh from the box" coating. I can also tell you that when the water and air temps are cold and the line coating subsequently gets cold; weird things can happen. My best floating lines always act weird when it's cold possibly because the slightly coiled lines "bend" under the surface. When it's warmer and the lines are softer; they float better.

Also; I leave on the small "Streamlined Loop" because I like it. There are as many different opinions of whether water can actually wick up into the tip of a cut fly line as there are opinions of everything in fly fishing. I personally think that if ANY water wicks up; it's as negligible as the added weight of adding glue or anything else to seal the end.

Your mileage may vary...