Great quote.

I do tend to keep track of the size, kind, and number of fish I catch along with what and where they are biting, time of year, etc., but this is for me to know what I am doing and how I am doing it, what I am doing right or maybe what I am doing wrong. I do admit that I sometimes lose track of a day's fishing statistics and that's fine with me too just so long as I have an idea of what worked that day and where. This is in no way meant to be competitive with any of my fishing partners if not fishing alone. Competition just ruins the enjoyment of fishing for me. If competition is put into fishing, then to me it would be work and not pleasure. Sometimes I just get skunked no matter what I do but I do learn from what kinds of fish, size, numbers, and where and what the fish are doing. So what I do by trying to keep some fishing statistics for the day is intended to be a learning experience, not to be confused with competition. Its also kind of hard not to keep track of fish numbers and sizes especially if I take some home to eat. I know there are some folks that don't go to such measures or even care about those things when they fish as it might imply competition and just that even keeping track of those things may take away from their fishing enjoyment. I enjoy fishing but I also enjoy learning from it. We each enjoy fishing in our own way and I guess that sums it up.