Now, THIS is a GREAT post!!
Seriously, after all the hullabalou and going back and forth, next door in the "Is the new Helios rod, worth the $800.00 or not? And some swearing that "of course it is".................. it's really nice to see so many admit to how much fun GLASS can be, but also, what fine fly rods they truly are. And, for HOW MUCH?

Personally, although admittedly owning way too many fly rods PERIOD, and a lot of them graphite of course, I also have two absolute favorites.......... both glass. One is a Fenwick "Iron Feather"-5 foot X 6wt. I don't even remember where I got it and yes, "5 foot for a 6" IS a rather strange and odd fly rod size, I admit. But man, can that little rod throw line and perform a few things that my 9foot X 6wt. graphite cannot.

The second, is an very old rod, I scored from an estate sale a few years ago. The lady having the sale, told me she'd purchased it for her husband, then he became too ill to fish so the rod was never used. It's a 8 and 1/2 foot "South Bend Hollow Glass" as the tube label states. It's also old enough, that on the blank itself, the decal says; "For use with HD or HDW line"!! A bit before the time of "WF/F" and "DT/F", etc. came to be, obviously. It's in its original cotton rod sock and the old-timey red-cardboard tube, with the metal screw cap.

A really fun rod to cast and to fish with! I'm glad to see so many others, still interested in glass, or beginning to discover glass, for the fist time!