Over the years, I have gone through a lot of wading shoes. The best by far have been the Chotas STL (no studs). They have all the plusses mentioned above, but no one mentioned the gray felts. The felt material is the grippiest of all, and very long lasting too.

Someone mentioned comfort - yes, the Chotas are comfortable, but more important for me is the arch and ankle support they provide. There are places where good footing during wading is a matter of safety.

The other aspect of the foot support is the way my back and spine appreciates the Chotas.

The Quick Lace system is a big plus for me. I have tried the various traditional and quick lacing approaches - Velcro, zippers, speed lacing. The Quick Lacing is elastic, so not only is it pretty fast, but the tension can be set in the beginning and wading and the effect of water on the shoe won't require stopping ffishing to do constant readjustments. My Quick Laces have lasted almost a thousand hours in PA, NY, MT, and ID, and are about ready to be replaced (with more Quick Laces)

tl
les