Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
Chris, you haven't lived till you winter steeheaded up here
I may be the worse steelhead fisherman in the world, or Oregon has the toughest steelhead fishing in the world. Two years hand running and not a fish brought to hand by this pitiful soul.

If you want to catch big numbers of "Silver Bullets," then Steelhead Alley is the place to do it. With over 1 million fish planted annually between Michigan and New York, there is excellent steelheading from October or November thru April and sometimes into May. Fall spawners, winter hold overs and spring spawners keep the river full of fish for 6-7 months. Any tributary flowing into Lake Erie gets a run of fish, even if they were never planted in those waters. It's simply amazing. Early season also sees the stray Coho and occasional King as well. Last year a Pink Salmon was caught for the first time, and it became an immediate state record at about 3 pounds. Crazy! Double digit days are not out of the question, and if you know how to get down in the zone, you won't have any problem catching fish. I know my fellow Ohio steelheaders will chastise me for promoting our fishery like this, but it's not like it's a secret.

Sorry, ducksterman, you have the beautiful scenery and highly technical water out there, but we has the big numbers of fishies and we aint got no hydro dams to get in their way or chew up the smolts.

How did we get on this topic anyway. I feel as though the thread has been Jack Hise'd...Oops! I meant High Jacked.

Joe