+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Man vs Wild

Default Re: Man vs Wild

Doug, It was "Whimppy" in the Popeys cartoons, ya know fat guy in a suit. Always muching burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark k
    Doug, It was "Whimppy" in the Popeys cartoons, ya know fat guy in a suit. Always muching burgers.
    Mark,
    You have Won a regular small burger at McDonalds!!!!
    I actually liked Wimpy more than Popeye, he had better taste in food!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by MikieFinn
    Clean the mouse pad? Good one. I must remember this for my tech support calls. Along "please hold the printout to the monitor so that I can see it".

No there are two problems with infrared mice.

1. Most popular: There is a tiny hair od spec of dust on the sensor/LED. That will cause some funky issues - like cursor not moving while you move the mouse.
    2. Surface with fine pattern (like granite or small print) will confuse the sensor and your cursor will start jumping all over the place. Solid color surface is best.

In case of wireless mouse there is a third source pf problems - low batery.

Hope this helps.
    THANKS!!!!!! If this stupid mouse (it's working a lot better without the black cushion pad!) gives me any more trouble , I'm going BACK to the ball!
    I don't know anything about Laser Mouses?? Could a malfunctioning Laser Mouse start a FIRE??
    Could you aim it at let's say JACK and burn a hole in his T_Shirt???
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

If the "laser" mouse cod start a fire the computer geeks all over the world like me would start the apocalipse already.

No these are not using lasers. Simple LED is a light source.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

YOU have a PM!!!
    MY LED is MAL functioning!!!!!
    Doug

To solve my led mouse problems, I would print an image with a close-grained pattern and tape it to my desk to use as a mouse pad. AutoCAD has some hatch patterns that work very well, but any small, regular pattern will work.
    A black, (or red, or blue) solid color pad doesn't give the LED a lot of feedback to read off of, so even a picture MP is better. A tabletop with a wood-grain laminate is also a good choice, except a wise spot in the grain can still cause problems. If you are having problems with a wireless mouse, try the mouse closer to the receiver, if that works, put new batteries in the mouse. Use High quality, name brand batteries in your mouse. You will actually save money in the long run, because they really do last longer. Rechargeables are an option, but be ready to wait up to 8 hours for them to recharge.
    Oh, and stick an alcohol dampened, not wet, Q-tip in the hole the light comes out of every once in a while.
    I hope some of this helps.

Kirk

Kirk,
    I trashed my old Microsoft LED mouse and bought another Microsoft Intelli Mouse 3.0 LED. I'm NOT happy with how lame the plug-in is but the mouse works great! Only cost me 31 bucks.
    I'm like a little baby when one of my machines malfunctions. At least I have MY shoulder to cry on.
    Come to think of it I've been throwing tantrums for going on 54 years!!!!
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread