+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Flies = Big Fish?

Default Re: Big Flies = Big Fish?

Those guys are even smaller than what I call "lifters".

And Gramps now I know why you're going to those itty bitty bamboo thingies .

Doug:

What do you mean cute?

What I didn't mention is that the day I caught that fish; I was suffering from a hangnail and an EXTREME infection of my hand that caused it to swell 10 times its normal size.

That trout was actually 26" long and the fly was a size 6/0 Elk Wing Caddis.

Fortunately the swelling subsided a few days later. I was tired of being called LEFTY by my fishing buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle
    Doug:

What do you mean cute?

What I didn't mention is that the day I caught that fish; I was suffering from a hangnail and an EXTREME infection of my hand that caused it to swell 10 times its normal size.

That trout was actually 26" long and the fly was a size 6/0 Elk Wing Caddis.

Fortunately the swelling subsided a few days later. I was tired of being called LEFTY by my fishing buddies!

Please don't take any offense to my comment! I meant 'cute' in a very proper way! nothing inappropriate.
    By the way! This particular Reply (by YOU!) belongs on another Post! such as Strange Fish Stories!
    Come to think of it! I don't recall EVER seeing a size-6/0 Elk Hair Caddis! Is that particular fly supposed to represent the 'QUEEN' of all Caddisflies?
    Thanks,
    Ever.
    So,
    Much!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

You need a BIG elk to make a 6/0 caddis!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle
    You need a BIG elk to make a 6/0 caddis!

Is this one big enuf for ya????
    http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2006/ ... hery-bull/
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Big enough yes....

But...

I scanned over a lot of that site....

It's pathetic....no self respecting hunter.....

Makes me think of Barry Bonds

someone should tie a huge version of a elk hair caddis! in like a 3/0 lol with like bucktail or something as a substitute for a long enough wing.

Photo posted is surprising if that site had any integrity. It is the first time I have heard of "High Fence Animals" I have only heard of 'Canned" hunts in Texas.
    Hunting is like fishing in that there is a spectrum of hunters, starting with the losers that shoot out of their vehicles to mountain hiking hunters that are true sportsman.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Hunting is like fishing in that there is a spectrum of hunters, starting with the losers that shoot out of their vehicles to mountain hiking hunters that are true sportsman.
    Doug
    agreed doug, we have heard of guys poching monster bucks around here, but whats the sport in that. last year me and my dad spent a lot of time in the woods and saw some deer, but we did not take any. we both enjoy sitting in the woods with wildlife. i'm still waiting for a big buck to come under my stand, but i will not poach one, or shoot one over bait. i know eventually my day will come when i shoot a monster, i just need to be patient. some guys are pathetic, i think some might even hunt in a zoo if they were aloud...

+ Reply to Thread