I bought a 9' Tieton (identical to TU Colorado) pontoon boat in the early spring and love the thing with one exception, it is dufficult for me to transport assembled in the back of my S-10 shortbed pickup as it is pretty wide. Setup is easy and takes only about 15 minutes to inflate the bladders and assemble the frame however I am impatient and sometimes go fishing in a small section of water after work and this takes just a little too long for me. As far as stability goes it is a great boat for small rivers and lakes. It take a lot of effort to move against much current but has the advantage of being able to load up for overnight trips if you keep your fishing gear minimal. So far my son and I have done a dozen or so float trips with two overnights thrown in. He paddels a sit in and I the pontoon. I have switched to the kayak soley because of transportation issues.

By the way, the Tieton is for sale. I may post it on the things for sale board here or possibly let it go to someone locally. PM me if you want further details, there are a few extras that I will throw in including a certificate of origin which is difficult to obtain and is needed if you live in one of the states that requires paddlecraft to be registered .

Happy Paddling