+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly fishing shoulder bags

Default Fly fishing shoulder bags

Does anyone make shoulder tackle bags anymore? Wood River use to. I am looking for an alternative to a chest pack when wet wading my favorite smallie river. Tried Google, but no luck.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Default Re: Fly fishing shoulder bags

I have a barely used Woods River bag I would sell...I'll have to search some old emails...I was advised what it would be worth....hope I can find them.

I sometimes use a Army surplus gas mask shoulder bag. It has some pockets inside large enough for fly boxes. Its big enough to haul everything I want to.

Its like this one

http://tinyurl.com/39vng8

Anglerdave..

I been keeping my eye out for something..

a small backpack, holster bag, or something to help store a few things in..

I dont want a chest pack.. I have a vest and I would want to be able to wear in with the vest...
    I say small...
    only things that I would put in it would be a fly box or two (to take to bulk out of my vest now), a few extra lights (flashlight for walking and a couple extra headlamps), extra spools of line (I need them on the water, but I carry them in my vest, I know they make the spool lanyards I just dont like them), a few tools (pliers, knife, and other mis.), and then my camera (Need a place to keep it handy and fast to get to)..

I thought about get a chest pack and wearing as a fanny pack.. but I dont want it to get wet..

maybe I need a bigger vest.....LOL

Leonard

I have a little green canvas bag I got at cabelas that works well. In a perfect world ti would be a mite larger but have a couple of standard fly boxes and three or four altoid boxes from the swaps, plus the tools and leader material. Goes over the shoulder and slings behind me out of the way. works well. JGW

I've been looking for the same thing. I want something to use for warmwater fishing. For a number of reasons, I don't like chest packs. The Wood River bag in a size smaller than the "trout" model would be perfect, except you can't get 'em anymore.

white43 - do you happen to know the model number of that Cabela's bag?

Hi gadabout,
    I use an Orvis chest pack that I sometimes use over my shoulder and sometimes as a fanny pack and sometimes as a chest pack. It depends on what I am doing and where I am fishing. It is my warmwater fishing kit as it is too hot to wear the vest. If I am rock hopping on the river I flip it around as a fanny pack. If I am just walking a bank and can see where I am going well enough, I will turn it around to the front of me or wear it as a chest pack. However, William Joseph makes one that I believe is called a bandolier and it is really nice with built-in pockets etc. All Wm Joseph is pricey but worth the money. I know that most reputable fly shops carry the William Joseph line of vests and packs but since I don't know your location, I suggest you start an online search or check your catalogs.
    Good Luck in your search.
    Gerri

This should fulfil your needs,
    a classic purpose-biult bag from the US

http://www.bamboo-fisher.com/bags.htm

I cant recall for sure, but I think I saw one in my last Filsons catalogue. It wont be cheap, but they make awesome awesome stuff. They have an online store you could check.....

+ Reply to Thread