Quote Originally Posted by Bradbury
Greetings,

A friend of mine in the office is going to Colorado and she is an avid fisherman. She was looking into this Travel Series rod by L.L. Bean, probably in a 6 weight. It is 9 pieces and is 13 inches long for each piece. They claim it will not come apart.

Has anybody had any experience with these rods? Please provide me your feedback.

Thanks.

Steve

Hi . . .

I rewarded myself with the 6-piece model this spring, and I must say it is an excellent piece of craft for fly fishing. I pack the 13" case into my courier bag, hop onto my mountain bike, and reach the water in a half an hour with no fears, headaches, or even bungee cords (wrapped around the main frame; my old method of two-piece rod transport).

The action on my 5-weight is fine, very easy to work with on my home stream, which averages between 20 and 40 feet in width. I also took it onto AMTRAK for a long weekend in Connecticut, and it worked equally well on the trout ponds I fished up there. The rod has so far handled all conditions, and has proven very sporting when matched against brown trout, smallmouth bass, and redbreast sunfish.

Hope this helps . . .

-- ron P.

Fine art fly pattern illustrations for your viewing pleasure at: http://www.ronpswegman.com/sketches.html