+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Fish-In at Bennet Spring State park

Default Re: Missouri Fish-In at Bennet Spring State park

I too would be interested, depending on dates and such.

Well it looks like there's definaltely some interest. In the interest of knowing nothing about Montauk, it would be much easier for me to get something planned at Bennet this year, however next year, provided this one is a success, it could definatley be an option.

How many would be interested in a week long event. I like the suggestion, it allows more time for more people to come down, I however probably won't be able to make it for the entire week. Or what about a 4 day event, a long weekend so to speak.

It will probably be in September/October sometime, I'll have to get back to you on that though.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thunderthumbs.

The fish in in Lowell Idaho is Sept 23 - 30.
    Usually not many from this area go however you may want to keep that in mind.

I think it would be a good idea and a lot of fun. Let us know when. Thanks

Well, you should get to know Montauk! It's far superior to Bennett Springs or Roaring River...if you like to fish.

There are PLENTY of cabins and huge, nice campgrounds at Montauk SP. No reason to stay anywhere else. But if everyone wants to go to Bennett Springs, that's fine by me. I'm not a trout park fan anyway.

The Idaho Fish-in is irrelevant to a MO Fish-in. We don't get folks from up that way and they don't see many of us. BUT...the Southern Council of FFF Conclave is the first week of October in Mountain Home, AR, EVERY YEAR. And it draws thousands of fly anglers from all over this region. So you probably don't want to try to compete with that.

I will be in MI the last week of Sept and first week of Oct chasing steelhead, salmon, grouse, and woodcock. So either of those is out for me.

Any other time in Sept or Oct and I'm likely to attend and would even help organize a bit.

In my experience, you end up just having to slap a date on the calendar and go for it. You cannot coordinate people's schedules. And the earlier you get the dates firmed up, the better your attendance will be.

The trout parks are great for socializing, but not much for fishing. That's my opinion. But Montauk is BY FAR the best of the 3 trout parks and has like 9 miles of wadable Blue Ribbon water starting at the S end of the park in the Ozark National Scenic Riverway on the Current River...which is where I fish when I go over that way. Within about 20 miles to the W and S is the Little Piney, which is a wild Rainbow trout Blue Ribbon river that is very accessible. And another piece of the Ozark National Scenic Riverway is a 30 minute drive away to the S on the Blue Ribbon waters of the Eleven Point River, which almost MUST be floated to be fished. Excellent canoe outfitters abound who would gladly help out. But the real big advantage of Montauk SP is the size, condition, and layout of the place. It's just far superior to the other two AND less crowded.

[quote="SilverMallard"]
    The Idaho Fish-in is irrelevant to a MO Fish-in. We don't get folks from up that way and they don't see many of us. [quote]

SM..I've been to the Idaho fish in twice...this will be my 3rd one.

I can't even get you to meet up to fish Crane Creek, Jerry. I doubt I'd plan a Fish-in around your schedule.

But seriously...that's why I said they don't get MANY of us. Many vs. Any...big difference caused by one little letter M.

I'm interested and I would probably drag my brother along with me.

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

I just moved to the little rock area so if you have a fish in whenever I could make it up there for a day or to

There are no fish at Montauk..go to Bennett.

+ Reply to Thread