I have hosted a few swaps myself and agree with all said above. When you join a swap you are making a commitment to the swapmaster and all participants that you will have your flies on time. If someone will communicate with me I will hold off past the due date awhile to get all the flies in the swap. I quit joining or hosting swaps due to the fact it is spring and I live on a small farm and can not uphold my commitments on the swaps. return labels are a must also. One thing I learned the hard way was when swapping make sure you have enough postage to make it back. I was in a swap which bassman was hosting and when I got the envelope back there was a stamp on the envelope that said I was 4 cents short on postage which bassman had paid for me. I alway now tell them to put the next higest postage on the envelopes for the returns.
Swaps should be fun and exciting. As many as I have been in I still get excited when they are due to be returned. My hat is off to all the swap masters who work very hard to make the swap happen. Behind the scene the swap master is checking and updating the post dailey. Storing the flies as they come in and making sure they are all there. Updating the swappers. Then when the big day comes sorting and repacking flies for all the swapers. Then it is oof to the post office to mail them all.
I have been in swaps with all the swap masters here and they are the cream of the crop and when I get back to joining swaps again I will be looking for their swaps first.