+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got cats? Practice your cast

1. Default Got cats? Practice your cast

Today went outside to do some practice casting when I got the idea of putting a twisted string leader on my line to play with the cats. I'ts a great way to practice and it's fun to watch them run in circles looking fo the line.

Default Re: Got cats? Practice your cast

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

That's one ugly fish.

I was in the vet's office last night. A couple was picking up thier cat. The cat imbedded a fishing lure in one rear leg and while trying to unhook itself had hooked the other leg. I didn't ask what kind of lure, and I didn't make any remarks about "cat-fishing". I would bet the office visit cost over $300.
    I wouldn't let my cat "play" with my fly rod(too much money) but I have tied a big feather lure(sans hook) and played with a cheap zebco rod. The cats love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps

That's one ugly fish.
    Gramps,
    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't bother to scroll down before I posted the address.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

6. Default Re: Got cats? Practice your cast

Thats a big fish. Every once an a while I'll put a toy mouse on the end of my line on my spinning rod line and get the cats flipping for it.When I told a friend about it, she though I still had a hook on the line and flipped out.
    I have to admit the story about the cat is a bit funny. Thats why I keep my bedroom door closed when I'm tying.Cause if my beloved cat( who is by far not the brightest bulb in the pack) gets into all those nice looking feathers and stuff and happens to catch a hook,he ain't goin' to the vet.
    With th price of most vet trips and unless it's too complicated,I'll do my own kitty dehooking.

7. Default Re: Got cats? Practice your cast

I was casting to my cat and she bit the line in half six feet back from the tip.
    I would not recommend this form of practice unless you have old line to spare.

+ Reply to Thread