The saga continues... I was in the shop until about 11pm last night. Short day for me... got in late (about 11 AM), left early, only about a 12 hour day! I never did get to the reel seats I mentioned on the opening post of this thread, but ended up making ferrules and shaping grips all day yesterday and most of last night. Also spent about an hour replentishing my supply of hex shaped winding checks. I didn't have any to fit any of the rods I'm working on right now, so had a little sit down session at the lathe with the 2024 Aluminum and punched out about 20 winding checks and formed them to hex. Then a little cleaning up was in order. It looked like a bamboo and cork dust blizzard had hit the shop. Sometimes the schedule just doesn't work out!

I'm having another lazy morning. I'm dressed in my ratty clothes getting ready to go back to the shop, but thought I'd see if anything interesting has happened on here this morning.

Well, while I'm sitting here, I might as well tell you what I have on the slate for today.

Today I'll install ferrules on the following:

7' 6" 5wt 2/2 Supreme (The Supreme is what I call the Western Taper... no swelled butt)
7' 3" 3wt 2/2 Flamed Eastern Series (Eastern has a swelled butt, 0.130" over 2.5")
7' 4wt 2/2 Dark Flamed Eastern Series
6' 9" 3 wt 2/2 Dark Flamed Eastern Series
6' 9" 4 wt 2/2 Dark Flamed Eastern Series

I should be able to get those done by mid afternoon, so maybe the reel seats will be on the agenda tonight!

Wish Rita was here. I have a "How it's done" sort of page on my website that I just revamped a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to add more steps in the process to it, and Rita is the chief photographer! Well, plus she makes the breaks a little nicer, although, when she's here, I don't get near as much done for some reason!

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE I'm starting a new series of rods that are VERY dark flamed. I really like the way they look, but I'm getting a little tired of calling them "very evenly dark flamed rods" and I need to name them something. My eldest son suggested "The Black Forest" but all I can think about when I hear that is Ice Cream, not fly rods. Besides, they're dark brown, not black, so... Any suggestions. I'm open to any suggestions!

Later,
Bob