+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screwed By Orvis

Default Re: Screwed By Orvis

I lost a strap off of my flippers while tubing in Colorado last summer.Called Orvis to buy another srap and was told they would not sell me a strap but would send me a new set of flippers at no charge,and they did.They wanted me to mail my old ones back,which I did.I thought they were more than fair with me,and I dont have hardley any Orvis products.Seem like a good company to me.

Flygoddess,I probably should have opted for this photo instead.

Gotta love photobucket albums.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Gotta love that blue hair eh!
    As far as the other misunderstandings at Orvis. Again, I was just an employee and I was told what I could or couldn't do. When we were in the process of closing the store with all the BIG GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE. The Store Manager told me to NOT sell the rods, reels and gear bags at sale price, that we were to send them to another store. No problem, that made sence. But, then the Fishing manager told me to sale one of the combos to a customer for 50% right after I told the customer that the rods, ect. were not to be sold at a discount.
    So, you see, it all depends on how high up the ladder you are. By the way, I still got my a$$ chewed for that one. I bit the bullet and took the blame

This is OT - sorry - but I don't know where else to ask.
    I'm befuddled. (Nothing new)
    That guitar(?) looks like it has five strings. I thought guitars had six strings and basses had four. Please enlighten me.
    Thanks.

Bill
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

Little Brook, it is a Bass. The fifth string is the first string and it is a low "B" the rest is the same as a 4 string.

Ah-HAH!!!!
    I'll bet it can really growl. When it's that low does it become a percussion rather than a stringed instrument? No need to reply to that one.
    Thanks very much for the enlightenment.

Bill
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

Sport! "Water soluable" filler? In Orvis cork! naw,,,

JC,

No kidding. Maybe I should clarify, spit soluable. I wet my thumb and rubbed the filler and it started to loosen up. What made me try that was that it looked just like the latex wood filler I use in woodworking. I just recieved notice from Orvis that the new rod is at the house. We are in Kentucky visiting the kids for Easter, can't wait to see what they shipped this time when I get back home.

I recieved my replacement rod from Orvis, there is no filler evident in the cork grip. So, I am a happy customer, I will continue to buy from Orvis.

Quote Originally Posted by sport

I recieved my replacement rod from Orvis, there is no filler evident in the cork grip. So, I am a happy customer, I will continue to buy from Orvis.

I had a feeling you would be happy. I bought one of the first T3's and like you, I felt that for the top of the line rod, the cork could be better. I did the same thing (during the winter so I wouldn't miss it LOL) and it came back beautiful.
    Right on! Glad you are happy. Now go use it!

+ Reply to Thread