Hi,
I bumped into a fellow FF club member who also works at one of the fishing stores. He knows how I can get a quote if I can list everything. Surprisingly, this wasn't as hard to do as I first thought it would be. I guess I knew that kit pretty well. Anyway, the insurance company doesn't open until 8:30, so I won't know if they'll cover it or not just yet.

When I was at the car, another fellow came back off the river. He was looking for me as he noticed the damage a few hours earlier, but I was up river and he was down. Anyway, he was broken into a few years ago at a different location. The guys were eventually caught. Turns out, they were from Auckland (about 2.5 hours away) and what they would do is just drive to all the fishing spots and raid all the cars. They were tied to a large number of breakins by finger prints. Hopefully, the prints they found on the CDs will be "in the system" and not one of my own.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be a wee bit shocked when I get the list "quoted". I'm glad I didn't go for the junglecock cape that was for sale recently!

Thanks for the CARE package offer Betty. If the insurance covers everything, then I can get it all back in one big go except for one or two hard to find bits. Even if not, it will be ok. It will take some time to replace stuff, but NZ is an isolated ecosystem and as such has pretty strict rules on importing animal products like furs and feathers, etc.

Also, Vanessa still has her kit, and after seeing me sitting at my chair watching TV, which is where I normally set up to tie (and apparently looking very pathetic), she offered to let me use her kit So, all is good in the world again.

- Jeff