Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hyde
Robert,

Don't photos like these violate the Geneva Convention on the treatment of Prisoners of Work?
LOL, Joe I think I sent you a few of those #4 MCFs (Minnow Crease Flies). I got lucky on that Speck. They were chasing minnows in amongst the lily pads so that's where I threw the #4 MCF. The Speck rolled on the fly and that's why its foul hooked. Had a hard time landing that one in around the lily pads. First Speck I've caught on an MCF near the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by white43
Dixie, is that a crease fly? Can you provide some particulars since the only example
Yes, JG, that is a #4 Aberdeen Minnow Crease Fly. The original pattern that is as close to mine as I've seen in the link below:

[url=http://chemprof.tripod.com/crease.htm:b271f]Crease Fly[/url:b271f]

But mine is a little different even though it is narrow like the Mark Delaney one above. For the #4 Aberdeen hook, I cut a section from a 2mm white foam sheet that is 7/8" X 1/2" with a V cut or notched in the rear after trimming the sides lengthwise just a slight bit so that it tapers to the rear. Then I use magic markers to make the greenback down the center and red gill slits. I take a piece of iridescent gift wrap paper (I got from Albertson's Grocery Store) and knurl the surface over a wood file to texture the paper and then I finally superglue that to the trimmed foam body after the body marker ink has dried. I then cut out the body from the gift wrap paper. I use black shag craft fur for the tail and then I superglue the narrow foam body over the hook shank holding it in place with paper bulldog clips until it dries. Add black plastic half round eyes with superglue, overcoat with Sally and that's it. I have a body pattern that I made but using the above measurements, I just eyeball it now .

Tell you what, JG, just PM me your snail mail and I'll send you a few along with the body pattern I use. They're cheap and easy to tie so I usually tie a bunch at one time. Not only that but I loose a whole lot of them to weeds and LMB. I've caught Bluegill, Shellcracker, LMB, and now Specks on them. Most anything that bites a minnow seems to go for it. It usually rides straight on or just under the surface but there are times (depending on how I tie my knot to the fly) that I can make it ride in the water like a crippled minnow too .