I'm in Springfield, MO about 45 minutes from Branson and Taneycomo and I fish there fairly frequently. Night Angler is right in that they have been running at least 2 and sometimes 4 generators almost non stop the last few weeks. For that reason I have not been down to Taney for the last few weeks. It can be done - but I just don't like to wade and fish there when they are running water like that. It's just really difficult to get a long drift and get your fly deep enough in those conditions. I have had fair sucess at times when they are generating with a big indicator, a couple of split shot and a double fly rig of a weighted mohair leech and a zebra midge.

Crane Creek can be really good when the water is up. That seems to make the wild bows less wary.

It's too bad you are both missing out on Roaring River state park. It's not too far from Branson and the fishing is always good there. But this weekend is between the winter catch and release season (ended last weekend) and the March 1 opener of the catch and keep season. So it is closed this weekend and the next.

Greg