+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angling Exploration Group

Default Angling Exploration Group

Has anybody seen their films or heard anything about them? I'm wondering if it is worth going to see the film when it is shown here in a couple days.

I have, and I would say yes it is probably worth it. They are a bit Gen Xish, which I count as a good thing. Their movie Trout Bums was about a bunch of guys jumping around Patagonia catching huge fish, after huge fish. It was, in a word, awesome. I am hoping to attend the one in Arlington. We are talking about the film tour Rod and Reel is sponsoring right?

Yep, that's the one. I believe they are fishing in New Zealand in the new film.

Yes, Go and see it, you will see some great fishing and some fantastic sceanery. There Patagonia film is a must see and New Zealand is just as good!
    They do seem to seek out the more out of the way and difficult to access spots when at least in the North Island there is no need to do so. But I can understand the need to do so in the South Island as there is a lot more pressure on the easily accessed water down there.
    All the best.
    Mike.

I recently bought volume I which is the Patigonia trip and it is awesome. I bet I have watched it 15 times. I have volume II on order I can't wait until it arrives. I really like it becasue it is not a fish and tell or a how to video. It is just four guys fishing some awesome water. It is definatly worth every penny.

Well how about that! Nice to hear so much 'good' about anything these days. Thanks all.

I bought myself Volume I (Patagonia) for Christmas and pre-ordered volume II (New Zealand).

The tour is more than just a viewing of Volume II

Here is some info
    http://www.flyfishingfilmtour.com/

I really wish it was coming closer to PA
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

I went to the film tour when it was here in Spokane. They are showing parts of films during this thing. Alot of fun! The rooster fish film was great, as were all of them. Don't miss this if it comes your way!

Jeff
    "If you don't loosen up that buckle on your heart and start to chuckle, your gonna die of boredom, Safety Joe" ~John Prine

Gen-X'ers, fly-fishing and New Zealand? I may have to check into this!! Three of my favorite things all wrapped up in one!

Hey you Harrisburg guys, there is one in Arlington...which I suppose is a bit of a hike. Its on my calendar for sure.
    A question for those who have already gone. Is it simply a collaboration of the videos on the drake site?
    One warning about the trout bum videos: They will cause you to re-think major life decisions like your job/relationship/etc. The whole time I was watching vol. 1, I kept thinking to myself: "why am I not booking a flight to south america right now"... I still have to buy vol. 1, and seriously can not wait for volume two.

+ Reply to Thread