+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raisin Bran Crunch

Default Raisin Bran Crunch

I am a fan of Raisin Bran Crunch. The other day I realized we were out, so I set out to buy some more. When I got to the RBC section of the cereal aisle, I noticed that on the front of some of the boxes there was a picture of a woman and two young girls, each wearing a silly hat and the two girls were holding fishing rods. Beneath them was a blurb that said "Kids All American Fishing". On one side of the box is an ad for a Zebco spin-cast outfit along with the statement, 'The most beautiful sound in the world,"Dad, I got one."' On the back of the box there's a bunch of other stuff including, "Reel in your family with healthy fun", and "Parents, get your kids hooked on fishing." The thing that really got me though was a photograph of a dad and young son in fishing attire with fly rods in their hands. Dads even looks like it might be bamboo.
    Kellog encouraging parents to take their kids fishing, is that a great idea or what? And, they even included fly fishing in the mix.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

Very cool indeed! Kudoes to Kellogg, maybe someone in their advertising dept actually knows about fly fishing?

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I've seen a number of public-service ads and other references to taking kids fishing in the last few weeks. It seems to be a big push, but I'm not sure of the original source of it. The ad credits on TV went by too fast to catch. I've been watching, but haven't caught another ad yet. It's nice to see some big guns like Kellogs are getting involved, though. The more kids we can get to pick up fishing rods, the fewer of them will be picking up guns or needles. It's worth our support.
    CJ

------------------
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

Shouldn't do this ....but...cklenske?...IMHO... kids should be encouraged to hunt...[pick up guns]... just as much as to fish....and yes, I suppose you were referring to picking up guns for bad things....

Sorry. Didn't mean it that way. Being a teacher, and just having had a couple of situations of kids at schools with guns here in town, it came out that way. Nothing at all against hunting.
    CJ

------------------
    The only limitations we have are the ones we put on ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread