If you want a nice level finish, you need to think less is more. I use flex coat lite and regular and get the same results with both.

Here's what I do:

I mix the finish and pour out onto a piece of foil. This extends the working time and allows bubbles from mixing to pop. I then apply a good soaking coat to the wraps and with a clean dry brush, remove as much as possible. YEs, that is right....take off as much as you can by holding the dry brush against the wrap and spinning the blank by hand (the threads will just appear to have been darkened but will not have any buildup). Wipe the brush off on your foil and continue doing this with each guide. BTW, I buy cheap kids artist brushes at the craft store that come 12 for $.99 and just throw them out after each coat.

When you are finished with all the guides, take an alcohol lamp, or butane lighter and hold it about 10 inches under each wrap, for 4-5 seconds while you spin the blank above. this will pop any bubbles that were introduced while applying it. After this coat dries, cut off any bumps thread burrs etc. and recoat.

Do the second coat the same way, and you will get results like this:

And this:

And this:

[/img]http://www.rodbuildingforum.com/uploads/gallery4564b999d756c.jpg[img]

All done with 2 light coats of flex coat lite as described above.

HTH,

Lou [/img]