Dear Flop:

I have two areas I am partial to. The first is Missoula, Montana. Missoula is on the Clark Fork River near where the Bitterroot comes in, downstream from where the Blackfoot River and Rock Creek and Flint Creek all join the Clark Fork. There are a bunch of other smaller streams that all have fish in them. And, if your dear spouse tires of fishing, there is something for her to do in Missoula, though for the life of me I can't imagine what it is!

Second, I would seriously consider State College, PA or somewhere near there. Think about the Little J, Spruce Creek, Penn's Creek, Spring Creek and many more world class spring creeks. Again, State College has other stuff to do such as shopping, history, the Amish have markets and more. Also, you are two hours or so from the Letort, Yellow Breeches and Big Spring Creek and other, lesser known, but excellent streams near Carlilse, PA, not to mention the Susqehanna River which is rumored to still have one or two smallmouth in it. There are some resort places to stay that tolerate fishermen like the Allenberry in Boiling Spring, PA which is on the banks of he Yellow Breeches.

I love the Roscoe area. For you, it would be great, but if the little mother tires of the fishing scene, it may feel like there is little else to do unless she is the type who'll sit with a book and soak up some truly beautiful natural scenery.

Have a great trip whatever you choose to do.

Randy