Geez that would take a lot of effort, not work since it would be a blast to do, but just sorting through all the rods, parts, pieces, rod tubes, etc would be quite an effort and quite an expense. At his age he would certainly be interested in selling the rods I would think. You would have to do some sort of a count, just to get a handle on the total number of rods. Let's just assume for the sake of argument, that he is correct in his estimate of 250 rods (that may be high, but it cannot be THAT far off from what I saw, it was a boatload of rods). He certainly would be more than happy with $30/rod I would guess, but that is $7500! Even if you could get him down to $20/rod, that is still $5000. We would need a lot of people interested to make that fly, and I would need money, cause I can't float that kind of cash!

But then again, it would make for great daytime fun to sort through all of them during the Fishin this year... If there is enough serious interest in it, I would be willing to approach him regarding purchasing his stock pile.