Ronnie - I can recommend the A-5, at least 7'6"4wt. I also like the GP's - these models ffish well and cast very smoothly.

When Albright was a sponsor here, I mentioned them to my cane consultant. He commented that he and Ed Jaworowski were at Eyler's in Bryn Mawr, and Eyler's had brought in several of the rods. Knowing my tastes, they thought I would like the 7'6".

I dashed over to Eyler's, getting there before my consultant showed up. Since it was chilly outside and getting colder by the minute, I asked Tom and Alice if they still had the 7'6", and they pointed me to the GP 3/4. I went out and casted it, and liked it.

Looking further, I saw another GP, an 8' "5/6". I preferred it with a 4wt, and since that's a great size for PA streams, I added that to the growing pile.

When my consultant finally showed up, I pointed to my pair of sticks, and he said it was actually the A-5 7'6"4wt that he and Ed thought I would like. They were right.

These 3 all do slightly different things, but they are a poor man's Winston (my fave production rod company, in cane, glass and green plastic - but several times pricier). These series have a subtle but powerful and responsive action.

tl
les