nice draw there Jonezee.

Traditions define who we are - not as nations, but as people. Deanna's right in numerous ways - the best to do is continue or create the traditions.

The holiday season is tough, but with our own young-uns to pass stuff on to now ..... be it the daughter laughing when I'm crochet scarfs, head bands or dummy strings to replace lost ones. Me cooking holiday treats. Stringing lights outside - the 3yr old gave me a helping hand this year (well - he did, in his mind). Each year, mom and dad used to have family / friends over on the 24th. Those that went to services would come after - but most of all - there used to be a good wind and snow to go with it (something you kind of expect and accept). I've carried this on over the last # of years - it's great.

But one of the tops is trimming the tree. As my dad did, I do now - I let the kids do it, and sit back and enjoy their fun / excitement. Then I'll spoil it a few times by starting to sing with the tunes.

Regardless ..... our kids just can't seem bothered to get out of bed on the 25th any earlier than they do (8:30 and after if we haven't woken them up already). But ... that in itself is a tradition I really don't mind ...........