I currently fish 2 glass rods- a Fenglass 605 that I am currently rebuilding for a 2nd time, and a custom 1pc 6' 5-6wt that I built from a Forecast spinning blank. The fenglass has been my go to and I fish it with a Mastery Headstart 4wt line and it is an excellent bluegill rod from the kayak. The Forecast is super nice as well and fishes great with a 5 or 6wt line, is very forgiving, has a nice moderate action, but isn't noodly, and is my go to rod for throwing foam gurglers and sliders at the bass.

These 2 rods get fished more than any others I have. I also plan on building a 2pc 6'6" 3-4wt out of a Forecast UL spinning blank this winter. The blank is a 1pc but I will cut it and use a second blank to make a spiggot ferrule. The best part is that these blanks have great "Flyrod Tapers" and sell for under $10.00.

In freshwater, my graphite rods are getting less use each year, and the only one that regularly makes it out anymore is my Forecast 2wt. The salt is another story, but even there I prefer a moderate action rod.

Jim Sentell.....how are you, long time no speak?? We never made it out together so maybe we can hook up this spring for an outing on your jon boat. Send me a PM.

Lou