Overcome by the desire to get that story submitted the day after the trip, I failed to report that I caught three of those big keeper bluegills using Old Reliable.

I hereby publicly apologize to Old Reliable for this omission.

Old Reliable, you were the last of your size (#10) that was left in my nymph box. This lake I was fishing should be officially renamed "Old Reliable Boneyard" for the number of your #10 HEN brothers I've lost after hooked bluegills tied clove hitches around those submerged brush stems.

Sorry, Old Reliable, that I didn't go with you straight out on Saturday, like I normally do. I didn't want to risk immediately losing you. But in desperation I ended up coming back to you anyway because that nasty centipede quit working after it got turned into an antique by that channel cat and then the bass.

So enjoy some R&R time, Old Reliable. If it makes you feel better, yesterday after work I stopped at K&K Fly Fishers in Kansas City and recruited 5 new Old Reliables to reinforce your Navy Of One. (I also recruited two more centipedes, but in this post will speak no more of them.)

Joe
"Better small than not at all."