+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: overline a 2 weight rod?

JC I don't know unless you tell me? If you say I am wrong I guess I am wrong. Been wrong before and will be again. I was stating an opinion not something that is RIGHT or WRONG. At least I did not look at it in that light. Just trying to explain the what and why. I take it you don't agree with my post? I say what is on my mind and I do not care for WF lines for light weight rods. We all have opinion's and if people do not care for mine that is OK. But I do not see what has to be right or wrong about the post. Just an opinion nothing more. Like I told the people Fish what you like and I will do the same. Ron

Ron, you mis-understood! That was a pat on the back from JC...he agrees

Sorry for misreading his post. It is late and I have been tying all day long. You know one of those orders that saying "I need it yesterday". Again sorry for the misunderstanding. Ron

FWIW I think this thread is geared towards trout fishing more than warm water which is where my experience lies. Normally I agree that you should use the rod specified line weight and would have with this rod except almost everyone who is fishing them locally is doing so quite happily with a 3 weight line, since I already had 2 reels loaded with good WF3F lines I decided to go with that rather then set-up a new reel for my "mouse rod".

Quote Originally Posted by RonMT
    If you are going to buy a 2 wgt rod then use a 2 wgt line on it. Most companys know and tell you what line fishes the best of a given rod. People "THINK" they know better than the rod companys. Guess what they for the most part don't.
    Ron,
    What about Orvis bamboo rods, they over weight their rods to the point some do not cast well with that line weight.
    I think it is all a personal thing. I like to over weight my light weights because I dont need to case far and the rod loads better close up aka under 20 to 40'
    I have a number of rods that are not the line weight they say they are and what about rods that give you two weights like a 5/6 I dont think the company knows that to put on more then we do till we try it.
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread