+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marines

Duck, go to google, click on images, enter houston james mark graunke, and search. It is a very moving picture.

Thanks, Mark got it to me and it is indeed one of the most moving...it sys so much!

Default Thank You all!!!

Hey All,
    Just wanted to say thank you for your suport!!! I was in Iraq 2003-2004 at the start of OIF(operation Iraqi Freedom), and one of the hard things to come home to was watching the TV news programs only cover the bad side of things. Everyday there is so much good that goes on in Iraq, and there are so many who have given of themselves. We are proud to serve and fight in Iraq. There is no doubt that what we do is worth the price. It is hard to watch as the work we do is belittled by naysayers and critics. You watch as they talk, but never do anything. The armed service members are not talkers, they are doers. Thank you all for showing that we are not forgotten. Thank You for your never ending support.
    Sarge.

Hey Sarge,

Thanks for the report from the "other side". You bring up a most
    important fact. Media so often creates sensationalism and ignores
    totally the good that is taking place. It is a sad state of affairs indeed!
    My sincere appreciation goes out to you and all of our service men and
    women for the thankless job they do. Warm regards, Jim USN 65-85

Im joining as soon as july comes around..Ive always wanted to be a marine but the army is offering more for school..But this isnt about turf or whos tougher...Its because of them guys we are here today..att boy gentlemen(and now ladies)...

Default School money

DeaDrift,
    Congrats on joining!!!The Army does offer more school money. I have taken the school money that the Army made availible to me and gotten an Associates Degree and am also in my Senior Year for my Bachelors at the Univ. of Texas(Go Longhorns!!!!). Make sure you use the money the Army gives you for school because it will make your life much better. Also if you get out of Active Duty after your tour the National Guard in most states offers 100% tuition assistance on top of your Montgomery GIBill. At the end of this school year I will only owe about $3000 for both of my degrees. The Army has given me so many oportunities, just like all the services do for their members. I didn't do my last nine years just to go to college but it has been nice to be able to. Best of luck. HOOAH!!!
    Sarge.

+ Reply to Thread