Allen I do understand what you are saying. But it will not do much good for you to say anything to the magazine. Who will they believe? You or the guy claming the fly. I have used the Griffith's Gnat for many years out here while fishing midges. It is a very good pattern and the person that worked it out should be proud of it. He know's that he did a good job and I am sure he is or would be proud of his tying ability. The guy trying to steal the pattern knows what he is.

I have always said you just about have to have totaly new materials to come up with new flies now days. It is very hard to work out a new pattern with the materal on the market today that have not already been tied by some one else someplace. Hard to prove much to. That is one reason that "Some" People think they can get away with taking patterns they in fact did not come up with. The area I live in has a lot of great tiers and very good guides and all of them to a man know who did what. And they also know who "With the big name's" is taking patterns and trying to fool people. You can't keep things like that quit in this business. Heck you know that as you are telling us all about a guy that did this. I do not blame you for being mad it is not rught. I would be a little mad myself. But I have learned to just smile and let it go. Ron