+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorado in October

Default Colorado in October

My wife and I will be visiting Colorado (Denver and Estes Park) in mid-October. I would like to do some fishing while I'm there but I'm not familiar with those waters. I'm inclined to find a guide for at least a morning or afternoon of fishing and then try my luck on my own thereafter.

If anyone knows or could recommend a reputable guide service in the Estes Park area I would appreciate hearing about them. I've found a few listings on the internet but that doesn't really give you a sense of customer satisfaction with them.

Brian
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

October is beautiful if the colors are still there, but they may be gone at that point depending on the weather. Each year is different. You'll have fun there on lakes, Big Thompson, etc.

Call Estes Angler, 1-800-586-2110. He knows the Big Thompson better than most and can also take you up to Crystal Lake.

Dress for anything. Literally. In October, it could be hot enough for t-shirts, or it could be snowing. Don't let the Denver report fool you. There's a 2500' difference. While folks on the Plains are mowing lawns, folks up at Estes could be shoveling their porch.

Or, you could contact me. I guide in the Park and I'm just full of information (some will say I'm full of other things, too).

October is great out here, and with the water we have this year, we are expecting a great fall. The spring and summer have been GREAT.

Get in touch with me and I'll fill you in.

I recently visited Estes Park and let me tell you something... its BEAUTIFUL!! Althought I didnt get a chance to fish... But their are lots of gorgeous lakes and streams filled with trout.

Good Luck and remember to bring your hiking boots!

Andrew

Default Oct fishing

I live in Loveland, Co and the Big T has been fishing very good this whole season. In Oct the flows can be very erratic with good flows one day and very little the next. One fly shop I can recommend is Kirks Fly Shop in Estes. The owner is very knowledgeable and friendly, this is a realatively new shop , but well worth a try. I wouldn't object to meeting you for some fishing possible, just a thought, good luck and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to E-mail me

A big thank you to all who have responded already. I knew that FAOL was just a big family, but I didn't expect to have multiple people to fish with so quickly. Clearly another piece of evidence as to why FAOL is the best Fly Fishing site on the net.

We will be visiting in mid-October (14-19) with the first part of our trip being to Estes Park and the second half being to the Denver area. I knew of one of the fly shop suggested (Estes Angler) but I wasn't familiar with Kirk's Fly Shop so I've added it to my bookmarks.

Keep those suggestions coming and thanks again.

Brian.
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

Hi Brian,

Drop me an email.... We can meet up in Estes and I'll tell you everything I know. That should take 10 minutes or so.

I live near Denver and there are some VERY good lakes to fish down here.

+ Reply to Thread