+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gor-tex Waders Simms vs Cloudveil

Default Gor-tex Waders Simms vs Cloudveil

Is anyone out there using the new Cloudveil Gor-tex waders.

I have been using Simms for years and they are nice. The new Cloud-Veil have a few features that look like they are an improvement compared to Simms; however, Cloudveil is new to the market.

Let me know what your experience has been -- my Simms need to be replaced -- getting old and more and more leaks.

I received a pair of Cloudveil waders for a product review (summer issue, F&TJ); they appear to be very well made and are extremely comfortable. As to durability, only time will tell. The company has extensive experience making waterproof, breathable garments for skiers and climbers so I suspect that no effort has been spared to create a quality product.

Well I have some very limited experience with the cloudveil 8x waders. I bought a pair a week ago and have used them a few times since. They are very comfortable and seem very well put together. The warranty looks good too. I sure like my pair. The only dowside I can see is the cost, $425.
    Mike
    (I was wearing them today when I caught my biggest trout ever, 17" rainbow. I'm still so excited)

I hope they pan out as a little competion for our hard earned money might work out for our best interests.

Good point. I think Simms could use a little motivation to improve their products and most certainly their customer sevice.

I just bought a pair of Cloudveil 8x waders.

I leave tomorrow for a 3 day fishing trip to Colorado's Flattops Wilderness.

I will provide impressions of these waders upon my return.

I know it's off subject, but just can't resist interjecting... I just took delivery of my new L.L.Bean West Branch waders. Check them out before you buy. I think they are going to be real nice. The one thing that pushed me over the edge to buy from Bean was customer service. Bean's warranty is a 100% Customer satisfaction gaurantee. If the customer isn't happy they make it right. I'm leaving for 4 days of fishing the White and Norfork rivers in Arkansas, so I'll have a full report when I get back.

After their maiden voyage to the White and Norfork Rivers in Arkansas I can say that I made the right choice for me in choosing the L.L.Bean West Branch waders. They are comfy, yet tough, and flexiblility seems to be great. Of course nothing is as perfect as it appears... First time out of the box I wore the waders for about 40 minutes. When I took them off I noticed that the metal hook that holds the gravel guards down to the boot laces was missing on the left boot. It was there when I put them on. BUT...there's even a silver lining in this black cloud. When I got back from Ark. I called Bean to see what they were going to do about it. They are sending me new waders. AND... they are sending them to me FIRST and don't even want me to send mine back until I get the new ones. They are sending a free shipping label with the new ones so there won't be any charge to me for returning the defective ones. AND... They had me talk to a product rep from fishing to see what happened to the first pair so they can check into the problem further and make sure they don't have a whole bunch with the same problem.
    I decided to buy from Bean rather than Simms based on the companies first rate customer service reputation. When I made the call to them I really had the feeling I made the right choice.

+ Reply to Thread