Thread: Fly Turner / Drier

Threaded View

I built 2 dryers, one for Warren P and one for myself. I had close to $24.00 in each dryer for the motor, cord, wood, foam pad, PVC 1" end cap and not shown in the pictures the alligator clips used to hold your files. I found the foam pads at Wal-Mart back in the hardware section; they are used for moving furniture around in your house by putting them under the legs of the furniture so you can move it on carpet or wooding floors, and I thought this was a clever find. The alligator clips I purchased from Radio Shack and what I did was buy some heavy straight pins cut them down to size and by using a crimping tool I secured them to the ends of the alligator clips. Now all you need to do is stick it in the foam wheel (pad) and round and round they go!! Now for mounting the foam wheel (pad) to the shaft take a 1" hole-saw and drill a hole in the CENTER of the foam wheel (pad), then take the 1" PVC end cap and drill a hole one size smaller then the shaft size (in the CENTER too keep in balance) this will give a secure fit on the shaft, then place the PVC end cap on the shaft and insert the foam wheel (pad) on the end cap. There you go!! really nothing more than that to making a dryer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by popperfly; 10-07-2010 at 01:46 AM.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !