+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginners Only Anti-Shack Nasty Marathon Fly Swap

Hi folks, happy to be on board.

You know, if everyone will email me their recipe, I can try to photograph them all and post the recipe with the photo. That way, when somebody's fly ends up producing really well, we can all go back and tie some more of them. I've got some webspace that i can post it on, and make it available to everyone.

let me know if anyone is interested.

The first flies arrived today. A nice set of buggy nymphs (NO! I'm not gonna tell you what nymph. It would ruin the surprise.) from Doug up in BC.

REE

And another set of nice looking nymphs arrived today from BigFlatBrook. I like it when the flies start arriving this early. Very sweet looking flies.

REE

Well, Folks,

The 31st is a week away and the flow of flies into my mailbox has dried up. If your flies aren't yet in the mail, the should be headed that way soon. Remember that the 31st is an in my hand time, not in the mail time.

Looking forward to more of your really fine flies.

REE

Wow, three sets of flies arrived in the afternoon mail. Mike K, danbob, and Left Handed Brain. Excellent ties to all.

Danbob has found the coolest method of attaching his to tags to the flies that I have ever seen. Where did you get those itty-bitty powerful magnets? Very cool idea.

REE

Another set of flies hit the mail box this afternoon. These came from the tying bench of Bluegill. Nicely done.

REE

Mine will be in the mail. I hope they make by the 31st. I'm fighting some kidney stones right now. But they should make it.

------------------
    "Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting ...Holy ****...what a ride!"
    "Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy S**t....what a ride!"

Not As Lean Not As Mean But Still a Marine - Marine Your Best Friend Your Worst Enemy

A very well done set of flies arrived from FTroop7 today. You hard-core nymph fishers are really going to like the fly selection this month.

Pheasanttail65, those stones can be a bear, or so I've heard. No personal experience with them yet (knocking on wood). I'm sure your flies will make it just fine. Take care of yourself in the meantime.

REE

JC,

Thanks. All part of the swapmeister duties as far as I'm concerned. From the looks of the flies that are in my hands though, these guys are sandbaggin. Very nice ties from all concerned. By the way JC, this may wind up being a long thread. The swap runs through April.

On that note, we still have some flies out with the dead line looming quickly. OkieNoodler and Pheasanttail65 have theirs in the mail, no response yet from Colt45 and xisintheend. How about it guys?.

Don't forget that the November flies are wet flies. Classic winged wets or soft hackles. Mine are done (Hey, I'm old and retired with nothing else to do but tie and fish.) and are the flies that have brought more fish to hand than any other fly I've used.

REE

[This message has been edited by NoahsBoyz (edited 30 October 2005).]

Mine will be in the mail on Monday... I know they are late... it took longer to dust off my meager skills...

------------------
    Colt45
    Tomball, TX

+ Reply to Thread