+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone in utah

Default anyone in utah

Just lookin for a fishing buddy, I usually fish the lower provo on sunday. And I drive a beat to doo doo ole toyota with a same style "shell" on the bed. Hope to see someone up there. God I love this board...cant come here without gettin distracted for a at least a few hours.

spent over six hours last week researching nymphs on just this sight hehe. Oh and anyone got any local patterns for the Provo?

I'de really be interested!

Hi P.o.P.

I'm in Utah. But I'm in southern Utah. I used to live "up north" but moved south about three years ago so... I can't say that I'll be your "fishing buddy" every Sunday. I started Fly-fishing a little after moving down here, so I'm no help to you regarding patterns for the Provo either. Oh well... forget that I even "replied".

------------------
    The smarter I get the less I know.

Cedar. Just moved here a few weeks ago.

Jim

Pappy, Just exactly where is the "lower Provo" that you fish? I'm not that familiar with it since I have never been over to fish it. Rock Springs ain't that far to go for a day fishing especially since I'm wanting to learn new places, outside of Wyo. anyway.

------------------
    Wyo-blizzard
    Wyo-Blizzard

Howdy Pappy
    Welcome to FAOL and glad you like this board.
    It truly is the best there is for fly fishers.

Ah, the Provo. Beautiful isn't it? No "local" ties, but hard to beat small PT,
    GRHE, Chamois, and BWO's in about #16-18.
    Good fishing to ya.

Hehehe then I'll have to invent some now won't I.

The Lower Provo is the section between the last dam and Utah Lake, not that I'm not willing to go higher up. There are three sections to it.

I've mostly fished the Lower one, and on my best day caught 15 trout in three hours, I happily kept my limit that day.

Also anyone fishing there, please harvest at least one brown if your having good luck that day. There are no "small ones" this year, cause the bigger ones are eating them.
    Whoever is doing the conservancy over that section of the river forgot that most fly fishers seldom harvest. As a result there are a bunch of very skinny trout in there.

I've seen three trout this season that were less then ten inches, and thats waiding and catching. I'm really worried about at least that section of the river, don't want em putting a fifty fish limit like they did on one reservoir this year. Try to use the bathroom there.....yech, nothing but scales and blood from all the morons who dont want to clean up there mess after cleaning em at home.

Just trying to avoid that kinda stuff on this trophy water. I'm usually there on sunday, look for the truck that looks like it got abandoned there....hehehehe blue toyota with a craptacular camper shell on it. I'm usually with my son. I'de like to ask one more thing of all of you.

Please grab someone else's trash on the way out, it's become our tradition. You'll feel wonderful that you've contributed something back to that which has given you so much joy and peace.

------------------
    A kind word is absolutely free to give, but totally priceless to recieve

Hi Pappy, Live quite a few miles away from Utah, but have fond memories of fishing the Provo whilst staying with some friends in South Jordan a few years ago. A fine river with some cracking fish and good top of the water action. You are a lucky man.

Just have to dodge the kids zooming down on inner tubes and stop to watch the train as it wends its way up the side of the valley.

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:8a636]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:8a636]

+ Reply to Thread