+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wally World Swap

So whats up Dan,...I'd say something but I really don't feel like ruffleing feathers...lol...Hope this wraps up soon...thanks again for letting me in on this one..... ["edit"had to come back and amend something...Oh wasn't important...]...I'll be starting off a swap in a couple weeks ...And I'd like to see your name on it's list Dan, Thanks again.

Happy Swapping all,Bill

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 21 November 2005).]
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I've waited long enough for the last two sets of flies. Looks like this will be a very small swap. I hate it when I lose swappers. I'll have the flies in the mail on Monday. All the flies are great, so I'll include something extra in your packages. Nothing great, but as promised a small prize. Thanks for being in the swap, I'm just sorry to have waited so long with no results. Dan

Nothing for you to appoligize for Dan,You showed alot more patience than I could have....or would have for that matter...As a meister...Your certianly not the one who is need of posting an appolige or however it's spelled...lol

I'll post an apology.

I'm truly sorry I had to drop. Our area was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Wilma. We had to leave our home for a few weeks. I dropped then but Dan was kind enough to extend the deadline for me. I had been hoping to have time to tie but when it rains it pours (literally in this case). Upon our return after the Hurricane both of our cars had some serious problems so we had to deal with getting things back together and replacing vehicles at the same time. Tying & such became a relatively low priority unfortunately. So I am sorry I had to drop. I really wanted to participate in this one; I love dollar store/walmart swaps. I had some pretty neat patterns I was experimenting with too. I've run a number of swaps and had to deal with late drops and I hate it. I hate being the late dropper even more. I hope everybody can understand, and if not, at least accept my apology.

Thanks,

Ken

The wally world flies are on the way, I hope everyone likes the packages that come thir way. dan

Received my flies today!!! They are great. Some great ideas! I hope you try my
    fly. Lets let each other know how they produce.
    Swapmeister, THANKS for the extra gift!
    Kahuna

Dan,

The flies arrived in Alaska today. Great flies everyone. I can't wait for open water. Thanks for the gift Dan, and thanks for hosting the swap.

trouting_thomas

Recieved a great set of flies today as well, Mr. Gober you have gone well above and beyond in your meistering duties.

And for this I truely am greatful,Thank you very much !

Keep an eye out for a swap to be appearing here in the coming weeks...as soon as I get a good grip on exactly what it is that would make a great swap...theres alot to consider...maybe I'll just have to have a succesion of them....lol..and cover a few of the ideas I've been mulling over...

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

Fun, fun, fun! Thanks, Danny, for a great swap. I love that salmon fly. That should take a bass or two. Just some very creative and interesting work by everyone. Thanks. JGW

The swap flies arrived last night. Thats 6 days from NY to OR, more time than from NY to AK. Ain't complaining as the wait was well worth it. A great bunch of flies. Thanks everybody and a special thanks to Danny for hosting the swap and the extra goodies.

Tim Anderson

+ Reply to Thread