+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would you select?

Default Which would you select?

If you haven't read Rich Ward's "How much would you pay?" threads, please do so before answering.

He's led us into a "what if?" game, and I'd like to further poll your preferences.

Let's say that Rich's "miracle rod" hits the market about the same price as a top of the line Kusse bamboo.

Noting the price parity, your rich uncle says to you, "Pick one, and it's yours!"

Which do you want?

Jim

Free ?? Boo any day.

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:6eb35]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:6eb35]
    Christopher Chin

the obvious answer.

bamboo because I do not have one. Thing is, I might be afraid to fish a rod like that. It might get scratched or worse.

Gardenfish, you don't have one of the "miracle rods" either. It's 10 times better than your new SAS.

Reconsider?

Jim

I would take one of each and get one free and pay for one making them 1/2 price.!!! you miss the point. I will agree with you that there is nothing that makes my socks run up and down my legs like fine cane. And I have a bunch of them, Nice ones. I have collected cane rods for 35 years. on there best day they simply are not the fishing tool that graphite is. We buy rods for lots of reasons. I have wood stocks on all of my guns.... except the ones I use.

Rich

Rich, with all respect, I think it is exactly the point. A person faced with paying the same price for a synthetic cannon, and a piece of art, which would they choose? I'm glad that for you money is insignificant. That's not the world a lot of us live in.

Oh, and all my gun stocks are wood. Plastic stocks, though functional, are droll.

Jim

has nothing to do with income... simply importance. if your in love with something you always find a way.

Rich

EXACTLY! Take the money out of it, and it reflects pure desire. So, WHERE's the love, man?

Jim

[This message has been edited by nowindknots (edited 21 April 2005).]

I'll take the non-boo rod. Reasons: it will have an unconditional lifetime warranty, will not be affected by variations in climate, and it is not made from a food product which is also a grass. (that last one should light some fires!)

I'm all for amazing craftsmanship of natural products, but not in an arena where the tool will be involved in bush-wacking and subduing wild animals.

+ Reply to Thread