+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vested or not

Most of my fishing is in the ponds here on my place and I can usually carry all I need in my pockets. It's been near the 100s here lately with 101 being the high today. No way am I wearing my vest when it's that hot.

RG/AR, sounds like you are going Indiana Jones on us . Leather bag is not a bad idea though. Just don't get it wet too often .

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 13 July 2006).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Today is a prime example of misrable.Intermitant showers 93 degrees and 98 percent humidity.I wear a pair of cargo shorts with a lanyard (homemade)
    3 flyboxs a small on the lanyard and 1 in each pouch pocket.
    If your worried about everything getting wet when wading put everything in ziplock bags,wallet and keys in 1, each pouch box in another.
    I tried the vest (mesh) and found it still to hot but today and tommarro they are calling for heat index of 105.
    I also wear a walmart cheap straw hat with a lambs wool patch on the band to dry flies.
    Dennis

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

It's hot here in Ga. as well.

I wear my vest without a shirt under it, and usually unzipped. It's some kind of very old Orvis vest that I've had for 15+ years. My wife says it makes me look like 'Animal Mother' with the grenade vest, from Full Metal Jacket. No one sees me alot out fishing anyway, so I really don't worry about appearance that much.

I'm usually in a float tube, or wet-wading, so I stay pretty cool most of the time.

Semper Fi!

[This message has been edited by Gigmaster (edited 16 July 2006).]

I have one and only one of those "fishing shirts" with all pockets on the front. I fill those and go. And over flow goes in my pants pockets. Sometimes wear cargo shorts if I want to carry more.
    Steven

I'm with you Bubba! When it's 102 outside in the shade at 5pm, a vest is just too much. I use a fanny pack for bass fishin' along the small lakes I fish. Since I don't need to carry 500 variations of a mayfly and one about 20 different flys will generally work on the warm water guys. It's al lot easier to tolerate the vest when your standing in 65 degree water!

TxEngr

+ Reply to Thread