+ Reply to Thread

Thread: joe in carbondale

Default joe in carbondale

great story, it goes to show that you gotta fish when you can because you'll find a way if you are diligent. The pay back is priceless. If it is not 'fish on' it will be something more memorable than cutting grass or TV.

Love those old favorites even in the face of all of the "creations de jur" we see everywhere. HEN, WB, simple midges, PTN, AL's "too simple" flies ... it's fun to create but I wonder why we spend so much effort to re-invent the wheel sometimes. A fly that looks like many things in their water and PRESENTED correctly is probably the best bet anyday.

Joe may not answer for a while. He lost his computer connection to get on FAOL.

Hopefully he willsoon get another.

Rick

Wotta nice'un!! I love the battle those big boy BG's put on! Nice old Medalist, too! Judging from the coveralls, it must be chilly there.

Steve

------------------
    I fish, therefore I swam.

thanks, not cold just wet, I am a sloppy yak paddler . Those are water proof pants.

best gill in the 80 year old lake is 10" average is 8.5".

Duhhhh!.........gee, if I had just looked at your profile, I'd have seen you are about 3 hours west of me....so the cold comment was a total ....."Dohh!" I went last evenig after work, not great but enjoyable, nevertheless. A few bass, bluegill and some feisty shellcrackers. Looks like bedding time.
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread