+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: reccomened flies for bluegills

found a new fly to tie called a (short haired rabbit nymph) It is used with hair from the heel of rabbits foot and the thread is red. It is very simple to tie for any one. I thought it looked like a bluegill killer have fun!!!

thanks,
    cody

anyone know about a streamer recipe?

Blog Entries

there are a ton of streamer recipes. Just pick one, scale it down to a #10 or less and go for it!

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:3a355]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:3a355]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

In the spring Bluegills move into the marina where I kept my boat. They were all big (probably had something to do with spawning). My daughter, a school girl at the time, caught around 50 one day on the following fly.

hook: 10 to 14 stout

thread: 8/0 brown or camel

tail: a few wood duck fibers tied short,
    about hook gap long

Body: red silk or Rayon floss, gold rib.

beard: wood duck flank fibres

wing: wood duck or other duck flank
    feathers, folded.

I suspect that they would have been just as eager to take another wet fly but don't know since she stuck with what was working.

Ol' Bill

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Got a new one. I just tied up some Gartside Gurglers in size 10 and 8, and with all black materials, this morning. Just got back from the Conasauga River. The panfish, and bass hit them like they'd never get to eat again! I even nailed 3 crappie! This pattern is awesome. It looks so good in the water that I want to bite it myself...........

Semper Fi!

[This message has been edited by Gigmaster (edited 23 January 2006).]

Gig-
    how do you approach the Conasagua? I've heard its great, but have never fished there.
    Fisherkid-
    Someone may have already mentioned this, and I missed it, but look into 'gill busters. Dumbell eyes, zonker strip tail and a thread body wrapped over the excess zonker strip. Very quick, very simple, and very effective!

i haven't been on the site in a while because I have had basketball and am in the beginning of base ball practiceing. but in between it all I have manage to make honors in school and catch up on my tieing. I have started on a new fly to master that i named the fluff nymph. I have had a few dificulties but I am wanting a new and easy fly to tie to get me goin again. I have tied a few hard ones but they didn't look that great but I did pretty good on the flys that jim hatch sent me but I want to get some ne easy patterns In my mind.

thanks,
    cody

------------------
    "SWEET!!"

+ Reply to Thread