+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPRING?

Default SPRING?

TEMP NEAR 70 YESTERDAY, BLUEGILL, LMB, AND SKEETERS BITING

2. Default

About the same over here in East Texas. Time to start the fish feeders on the ponds. The fish are stirring.

what type of feeders and feed are you referring to? sounds like something i need to try.

4. Default

I have several ponds and a couple of different feeders. In my pond devoted to hybrid striped bass (HSB) I use a Stren (now called Aqua Pro) feeder that dispenses 45% floating feed.

In smaller ponds with less need to feed fish I use cheaper deer feeder types with much less success and reliability, but reduced cost over the Stren.

[This message has been edited by meadowlark2 (edited 30 January 2006).]

You realize you're making me sick!!!! We had a half inch of snow this morning. JGW

I thought quitting cigarettes was tuff, the withdrawal from warm water still wets my palate. I think I?ll take a hot shower and feel better.

Fish-in in Fla is just around the corner and the Bonz in Eleuthera can?t come soon enough.

Philip

------------------
    Excus my spelling and gramma, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could Hunt or fish.
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Our weather here in Ohio has been, for the most part, wonderful & my schedule has stopped me from getting out. Hopefully, I'll be able to free some time up soon. I think we may just have gone through the warmest January on record...wore spring weight clothes most of the month!...But NO fish!!!...DARN!!!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Jalama,

We had the same kind of warm weather in Upstate South Carolina. I went trout fishing on the Chattooga River in my usual winter stuff and had to shed a couple of layers of clothing for comfort. I had to put the layers back on pretty quick when the sun sank down behind the mountains.

I have the uncomfortable feeling that we are going to pay for this warm weather with snow and worse yet,ice, in February and March. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

i would "bet the bank" that we still have winter to come, fish while u can!!!!

10. Default

Yes and next summer while we are dieing from the heat and humidity in Texas you guys will be enjoying the cool breezes....but I still like Texas.

+ Reply to Thread