+ Reply to Thread

Thread: great article on panfish raises question

Default great article on panfish raises question

I was reading various articles on basspro.com and came across an article which raised a question. If you go to the website and look along the left hand column under community and then go into fishing library and then into flyfishing there is an excellent article on panfishing with flies by Bob McNally. In that article he refers to a spun deer hair bug that he likes a lot. There weren't any pictures though. My question- does anyone know what bug he's talking about? Pictures would be great. Thanks for any help. Sorry for the long post.

Or without a name???...what the name...lol...No..I'm not going hunting for the article...lol

Wish ya great fishing,Bill

My guess is that it is a small deer hair popping bug. Find a pattern for aderr hair popper.
    Look at the panfish archives articles 91 to 93. Randy talks about the ways to make poppers.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I just thought someone from the area of the country he refers to might know what he's talking about. I do like the article despite the lack of information concerning the deer hair bug because it does give quite a few methods in a concise manner. Sorry if my use of the word "great" offends.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I'm sure he was just talking about a standard deer-hair popper or slider, in smaller sizes. That's why probably why there was no picture. There are a thousand color variations and shapes, and they are all made the same way. Just tie deer body-hair on the hook so that it flairs up, whip-finsh and trim to shape. Tails and legs can be added if desired. They are pretty standard. Check out the patterns on this site for more info.

Semper Fi!

+ Reply to Thread