+ Reply to Thread

Thread: climate change?

Default climate change?

I've noticed in the farm lakes I fish that the best time has changed from 4 -8 to 12-5 (pm)

any changes ya'll have notied on this issue?

yesterday ~10 green ears and gills two measured at a full 9" ,near brush in 4 ' of water ,WB fly>>> no bass at all.

after 5:00 I got nothing even on spinners with worms and curley tails. I could see them swirling in 2-3' near the banks.

That seems to be good spring and fall hours here too. Could be that it is a water temp thing......?
    Does a "minnow bite" coincide with the cooler temp hours too?
    .....lee s.

While I fish whenever I can, I have always been a believer in "Mother Nature"....you know, Cold fronts suck, & fish a south wind, early & late in the day, but this has been THE strangest year I have ever seen! My best fishing all year has been mid-day......maybe the fish are adjusting to our young (30 & under) kids, who sleep until 1pm or so on their days off (at least mine do!). The patterns I have experienced this year have been different to say the least!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

It's defintely the time of year to adjust fishing times. When the water begins to really cool down you want the warmest part of the day.

We've had several odd seasons here in n Indiana. 50d water into June last coupla years; then this year I'm fishing the first weekend of April! However, I just try to adopt to whatever is happening. That's what the fishes have to do - if not they'd starve waiting for the "right" temp to feed. During really hot summers like this year I just settle for smaller fish during the "dog days". I think most of the larger fish are "suspended way out there". I have been fishing the little rods which don't handle heavy flies and high winds very well. So I catch 6-7" fish instead of 8-10" fish for a while. I'm still fishin' and catchin'!!

Donald

+ Reply to Thread