+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Buds

My hubby is my fishing buddy. I do get to occasionally fish with someone else but most times it's just me and him. If we are tubing we'll bring along little hand-held radios so we don't have to yell to eachother while on the water. Best of both worlds I guess, fishing "with someone" but still keeping that solitude available for when you want it.

I usually fish alone on my local outings as I'm less than 1/4 mile from a trout stream so it's easy for me to walk down the hill whenever the mood strikes.

I take several large trips each year and for these I take company if anyone's available, but it doesn't bother me to go alone if no one's available. When on these trips, we will generally separate and fish alone anyway unless the person hasn't flyfished much and needs help in which case I'll work as a guide for them and not fish, but rather , put them into fish until they are catching on their own, then I'll drift away.

It is nice to have the company at night or at lunch to talk to and discuss what worked and what didn't, but on the stream or lake, the eyes glaze over, the rythym begins and I assume the "fishing machine" trance so don't really need company.
    Mike

I fish alone most often, occasionally with buddies. When I do fish with friends, it's not much different than fishing alone unless I'm playing guide. As far as conversation goes, I don't like to fish and talk. I will do one or the other, but I can't give either my full attention if I do both at once.

4. Default

Hello, i'm pretty new around here but thought i'd chime-in on this one. I tend to try and plan my fishing with a buddy and it usually happens. When it does not, the fishing is very different...but good. Thinking about it now, i'd say that when i'm on my own, the fishing is great. When i'm with a buddy, the day is great.

I have one fishing buddy I can always count on to be ready to fish,his gear is always packed,doesn't care if it's 40 or 90 degrees
    rarely complains,always asks a couple of questions I don't have the answer to,notices things that I miss,is more patient working that big one at the bottom of the hole that I give up on after 20 minutes or so and on occasion out fishes me and rubs it in.
    The real perk though is that he is only seven years old so I hope to have him as a fishing buddy for a low time to come.

------------------
    If sense is common why don't more people have it?
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Your all pretty lucky to be in such good company on the water..Since moving from central PA to Central NY just shy of a year ago. I've lost all my fish'in friends..and would like very much to find one here and soon,Not klnowing this area very well at all makes things extreamely difficult...was doing alot of exploreing this weekend,With the wife to be and her three childeren..was fun no doubt...but nerve wracking as well trying to find accessable water for kids is something far more difficult here than I'd ever imagined..Syracuse is a big town...alot of ppl use a rather small area..makes things a bit interesting...

------------------
    "Wish ya great fishing"
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I enjoy both fishing alone and together with a couple of fishing buddies. Actually, it is the best of both worlds in our opinion. We travel together to rivers that are 2-3 hours away. We take turns doing the driving and talk about everything from fishing and flytying to books, movies and our kids. The subject of work is not taboo, but just does not come up that much. Once on the stream we rig up and split up for 2-2.5 hours. We met back at a designated spot and compare results, eat lunch or a snack, etc. But as to the actual fishing, we typically are not in sight of one another, but never that far away either.

Just my $.02,

TNC

------------------
    Life is but a stream...

I used to fish alone. That's why I wrote: [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/canada/:15cd3]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/canada/[/url:15cd3]

That all changed a few years ago, ... now I ALWAYS fish with the family. (LF has the sequel and will probably put it next week's article).

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:15cd3]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:15cd3]
    Christopher Chin

I almost always fish alone. I take my wife sometimes with me, she goes for walks, and Im alone again....(You decide if thats a good thing ) I wouldn't mind a fishing pal as long as he wasnt some obnoxious fool, thus...I fish alone.

I usually take my kids. However, I have a new flyfishing buddy in the form of my fiancee. I am trying to convince him to take us to Chile for a flyfishing honeymoon.

------------------
    Teri

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.~~William Ernest Henley
    Teri

The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.

+ Reply to Thread